License for call centres/tech centres
Telemarketing has become an integral part of the marketing strategy of any business organization and therefore we have seen the emergence of call centres. Coming under the purview of Department of Telecommunications (DoT), the service providers related to telemarketing or other activities like telebanking, e-commerce etc. have been categorized by the government as Other Service Providers and it is mandatory for them to apply for OSP registration in India before starting operations.
Sometimes referred to as a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), these entities are generating huge business while also providing employment to a large section of people. This has attracted a lot of entrepreneurs to venture in this field. It is important for a new entrant to get a BPO license in India to make a sure footed start in this booming business sector of the country. The legality provided by such a document assures clients of the credibility of the venture and at the same time guarantees trustworthiness of the employer to a prospective worker. Getting a call centre license in India is a detailed process and the next section details the documents required and steps involved in it.
- Registrar of Companies issued Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Article of Association
- Board Resolution or Power of attorney authorizing the person to run the business
- List of Directors
- Current shareholding structure with equity details
All the documents must be certified with seal of Company Secretary/ Director of the company/ Notary/ Statutory Auditor.
Terms & Conditions
- All telecom resources must be obtained from an authorised telecom service provider only, who should first make inspect the network diagram of the applicant and make sure that it is being used for stated purposes.
- The internet connection must be from an authorised ISP.
A license for a time period of 20 years is issued after the application is accepted, unless stated otherwise.