GST Registration Online In India
Goods & Services Tax Registration
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax implemented by the Government of India to replace any indirect taxes and introduce a single tax regime across the nation. As evident from the name, any entity supplying goods or services is liable to pay this tax. An exemption limit is set though with it being mandatory for a business having an aggregate turnover of over Rs.20 lakhs in a financial year to get online GST registration in India an pay the tax as well. The figure is Rs 10 lakh for businesses in special category states like North-eastern states. In the initial days of this tax being introduced, people generally termed the new GST registration process as cumbersome but taking help from a professional GST registration service like ours can always help in easing the process.
GST Registration Number
A business owner can get the 15 digit GSTIN by applying for GST registration online in India. The GSTIN is an identification number allotted to a taxpayer, in which the first two digits are the state code followed by the taxpayer’s PAN number. The digit after the PAN is given based on the number of registration in the state followed by the letter ‘Z’ by default and the last character- which can be a letter or a number is the check code.
Requirements For the Commencement Of GST Registration:
- Valid Permanent Account Number(PAN),
- Valid Indian Mobile number,
- Valid Email Id,
- Prescribed documents and information on all compulsory fields,
- Place of business,
- Valid Indian Bank account with Indian Financial system code(IFSC) number of the same bank and branch,
- Jurisdiction details,
- Minimum one owner, partner, Director, trustee, or member with corresponding PAN number and
- An authorized signatory (an Indian citizen with valid details including PAN).
GST Registration Process
- Visit the Government GST website and search for Registration Tab,
- Provide PAN, Mobile No., E-mail ID and State in Part-A of Form GST REG-01 of GST Registration,
- You will get temporary reference number on your Mobile and Email once you submit the OTP,
- Now, you will have to fill Part-B of Form GST REG-01 duly signed (by DSC or EVC) and upload the required documents as recommended in accordance with the business type,
- You will get An acknowledgement with the Application Reference Number (ARN) in Form GST REG-02,
- In case, more information or clarification is demanded from you and intimated to you in Form GST REG-03, you will have to visit the department for clarification or submission of documents within 7 working days in Form GST REG-04,
- If your GST application carries inaccurate information or has errors, the office may reject your application. You will be notified about this in Form GST REG-05 and
- Finally, a certificate of registration in Form GST REG-06 will be given to you after the accomplishment of verification and approval, done by the department.
Need to know more about GST? Get in touch with our financial experts now and find suitable answers to your questions.
Just let us help you go through all of these formalities easily and generate a GST TIN for your Business. Get in touch with us now for GST registration services only $299
GST Registration Process
It is mandatory for the following entities or individuals to get GST registration in India
– Businesses having annual turnover exceeding Rs 20 lakhs in all indian states and in special category ones like North- Eastern states where the limit is Rs 10 lakhs.
– Inter- state trading companies which send goods from one state to the other have to get the registration irrespective of the annual turnover figure
– E-commerce merchants who use online platforms to sell goods, are also required to get GST registration irrespective of the annual turnover amount
– Import or export businesses
– Casual Taxable Persons or those people who undertake business activities but do not have a fixed place of business, notwithstanding the fact that their annual turnover is less than Rs 20 lakhs.
– All existing businesses which were earlier paying taxes under the Central Excise System, VAT or Service Tax regime
List of documents needed to have at the time of applying for online GST registration in India
– PAN Card : A must-have as the GSTIN is linked to this number
– Aadhar Card/ PAN/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter Identification card : Identity proof of all promoters/ directors
– Business Registration Document like Incorporation Certificate/ Registration Certificate/ Partnership Deed: Proof of constitution of business
– Sale Deed/ Rental Agreement with Latest Property Tax Receipt/ Electricity Bill : Address proof of Place of Business
– Bank Passbook/ Bank Statement/ Cancelled Cheque : Scanned copy of any of these on which the business name/ proprietor name as account holder, MICR, IFSC code & bank branch details are shown as bank account proof
– Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) : A Class 2 or above DSC is required as all applications are digitally signed.
GST Registration Process Guide
Our experts will help you in filling up the application form after checking all the relevant documents provided by you. Online GST registration in India can be a complex process for a layman and that is where the considerable amount of experience of Business Ventures India’s professionals will come in handy for an applicant.
Application Form Filling
The process for GST registration in India starts with clicking the Registration tab on the GST website after which name and PAN of the business along with the mobile number, email id and the state and district where the business is located, is filled in Part A of the Form GST REG-01. A Temporary Reference Number is generated (TRN) and sent to the specified mobile and email id.
Entering the TRN leads to Part B of the form which has to be filled and duly signed with a DSC apart from uploading all the relevant documents. An Application Reference Number (ARN) will be generated in Form GST REG-02,which can be used to check the status of the application.
In case more information/ clarification is required, you will be notified in Form GST REG-03 and you have to visit the department within 7 working days with all the data asked for filled in Form GST REG-04.
GST Registration Certificate
Any inaccurate information or errors will lead to rejection of the application with the applicant being notified by Form GST REG-05.
A Registration Certificate in Form GST REG-06 will be issued on verification and approval by the department.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register for GST?
- Any person or business organization that fills the following terms and conditions, need to get the GST registration,
- A person or business organization doing business for more than Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for the North-Eastern States),
- Currently registered under any of the existing indirect tax regimes, such as VAT, Excise Laws, Service Tax Laws, etc,
- Business operations in multiple states,
- Multiple business verticals in one state,
- Making any Inter-State taxable supply,
- Casual taxable persons & Non-resident taxable persons,
- Persons who need to pay tax under Reverse Charge,
- Required to deduct tax at source,
- Agents of a supplier,
- Input Service Distributor,
- Supplying goods or services through E-commerce Operator,
- E-commerce Operator and
- If anyone is supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, apart from a registered taxable person.
What is the role of provisional ID?
Provisional ID becomes your GST Identification Number (GSTIN) later on.
Who are exempted from the GST registration?
- Persons making only supplies covered under reverse charge,
- Agriculturists supplying produce out of cultivation land,
- Persons falling within Threshold Exemption Limit,
- Persons making Nil-Rated/ Exempt supplies of goods and services,
- Persons making Non-Taxable/ Non-GST supplies of goods and services and
- Activities that are neither Supply of Goods nor Services.